A LITTLE ABOUT ME
THE WORLD NEEDS MORE OF TWO THINGS -- PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT PEOPLE AND CREATIVE EXPRESSION.
I remember the exact moment I fell in love with graphic design. At the age of fourteen, I finished designing my first magazine spread. I felt empowered knowing that the way I placed type and images on a blank spread had the ability to affect people - myself included. I spent my time in other classes teaching myself the adobe creative suite, learning how to break and follow grid systems, and always trying to stay one step ahead of what was expected of me. By the time I was 16, I was working with professional clients and produced my own young artists publication.
Now at nearly 22, I've taken all the inspiration through the last 8 years (wow, I feel old) to find my own voice and unique style. I'm motivated by social change and how we as designers have the ability to make a difference in people's lives. I'm motivated to find a way to make all people feel empowered in who they are. I'm motivated in the ability to create change and make an impact, whether it be for businesses or individuals.
I've always known I'm a person that has a lot to say, but I would struggle to find the courage to speak through words. That's where my design identity plays such a vital role. I found a love for creating things that affect people. When words fail, art and design matter. Whether it's a poster, branding, website, installation, or print, I have the ability to meet ambitious and influential people and capture the essence of who they are through design. You get to work one-on-one with a designer who cares about getting to know, and I think that's pretty damn cool.
If you're looking to collaborate or just looking for a friend to grab coffee with, reach out! Let's create something awesome.
EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Named one of the top 3 designers in student
media at national convention
• Design Intern at Archrival
• 2x recipient of CMBAM Design Fellowship
• Selected as 2019 CMBAM Student Representative
• 1st place in Media Kit Design at College Media
Business & Marketing National Convention
• Award of Excellence as Vice President of
• Artist for the juried Nebraska By Heart and
helping hands public art installation
• Hixon Lied grant recipient
• DNMG Creative Director
• Graphic Designer for the First Lady of Nebraska's
Nebraska 150 Celebration
• Graphic Design Intern for Husker Athletics
• Design Chief for Jazz In June Publication
• Showcased in Nebraska AIGA show
• Design work chosen for Eisenhower Exhibition
• 4x State in-depth design winner
FEATURES & MENTIONS
AREAS OF FOCUS
CONNECT WITH ME
LET'S GET SOCIAL!
Want to stay updated with my newest designs, clients, installations, and shop items? Check out my design Instagram for the all things Allie Laing Design.
Giveaway coming soon!